Gunawirra would not exist without our volunteers! We would love to provide an opportunity for the community to get hands on and help in a practical way, plus it provides us to get to know each other better. We appreciate the time and effort taken to support us, and want to ensure that you have a good time giving back to the community.
To apply, please email [email protected] with note of the role you are applying for.
All applicants should provide an updated CV, volunteer police check and volunteer working with children check.
Human Resource Assistant
- Duties include supporting the Director of Operations with organising and maintaining the Human Resource department at Gunawirra.
- The role is flexible and can be carried out according to your availability.
- Some of the work can be done from home and some will require you to come into the office up to 2 days per week. It would be ideal if you can use your own laptop.
- Duties include back office support of the programs we run, including filing, record keeping, calendar coordination, updating databases and all-round administration help.
- Experience in using the Salesforce system is desirable. We are happy to provide training in how we use it.
- The role is flexible and can be carried out according to your availability. You will be job sharing with volunteers to keep the time spent to a minimum. Some of the work can be done from home and some will require you to come into the office approximately 1/2 day per week.
- Duties include supporting the Director of Operations with planning and managing the Donated Goods Program at Gunawirra. Liaison with Gunawirra’s donors of books, toys and care packs forms a significant part of the role. Keeping our donors and supporters informed of the outcomes of their donations is very important.
- The Logistics Manager needs to provide content for promotional materials/social network communications and to provide occasional reporting on volunteering activities.
- The role is flexible and can be carried out according to your availability. Some of the work can be done from home and some will require you to come into the office up to 2 days per week. It would be ideal if you can use your own laptop.
- Gunawirra cooks are energetic and with good basic cooking skills to support the work of their weekly Aboriginal Mothers Group program.
- Duties include preparing morning tea, cooking simple, nutritious lunch for group members and cleaning up the kitchen and group meeting area. Each mothers group has about 10 people (including children) in the group. All food is ordered in, no shopping required.
One of the many ways in which we do this is through corporate volunteering sessions at Gunawirra House. We provide our corporate groups with a cultural session to understand the impact and contribution you are making, along with a free lunch as part of your day with us.
Please note that this is for corporate groups looking for a one-off team-building volunteer session
The volunteer opportunity we have available is helping our team with a variety of different tasks such as:
- Packing care packs that we send to over 20 preschools across NSW – ( Between June – August)
- Supporting us with our Community garden that will provide to the families that we support ( Throughout the year)
- Packing books & toys that we send over 20 preschools across NSW (Between November – December)
Please note that this activity involves significant amounts of manual handling, including lifting/bending, twisting/turning, repetitive movements and standing for extended periods of time. If you or a team member has a pre-existing injury or condition, this activity may not be suitable.
Location: Gunawirra House, 19A Quirk St Rozelle NSW 2039.
Group Size: Maximum of 10 at a time. For larger teams, please contact [email protected]
Cost: There is no cost associated with the activity, but if you would like to make a donation visit the link below.